10 CREATIVE WAYS TO INCREASE YOUR DAILY ACTIVITY
1. Before getting the mail each day, walk around your home or better yet, take 10 minutes to walk around the block – make the mail work for you!
2. When you find yourself watching TV, make it a point to do 10 squats or 10 jumping jacks or just simply stand up during the entire commercial break – let TV commercials ad activity to your day
3. Take the stairs whenever you can – stairs may be your worst enemy but they are just trying to help; give them a chance and work them into your routine
4. Take 10 minutes after your lunch to walk – walking following lunch can aid in digestion and improve blood sugar levels
5. Use a fitness tracker like an Apple Watch, Fitbit, or download a mobile app like Nike Fit Club to track your daily activity – make progress your motivation!
6. Take a dance class – dancing is not only a fun way to be awkward, but a great way to improve your physical and mental health
7. Take your dog for a walk several times a week / volunteer to walk a dog – don’t do it for yourself, do it for “man’s best friend”.
8. Get a standing desk – standing is not only better for your body but you can burn an extra 50 calories an hour compared to sitting!
9. Join a biking club / use a bike to commute – biking is a great way to explore new perspectives and getting exercise
10. Park in the back of the parking lot – simple but a classic step in the right direction for more daily activity